Is it a boy or a girl? Do you know? When will you find out?
How many times does a pregnant woman hear those questions? To have some fun with your response, try one of these clever ways to announce the news at a gender reveal party.
Games. Add some competitive spice to the gender reveal!
• Silly String Fight – Buy pink or blue Silly String and cover the labels. Give each guest a bottle. When the fight starts, the secret’s out!
• Arm Wrestling – Each parent represents a color – pink or blue – and competes in a pre-planned match. Winner reveals the gender.
• Team Pink vs. Team Blue – Ask your guests to wear the color of their choice. During the party, reveal which team won by picking the right color!
Sweets. You can use a cake for the reveal – it’s a popular option – or try one of these sweet ideas:
• Fortune cookies with the gender listed inside
• Pancake toppings – blueberries or strawberries
• Colored soda
Baby Shower Surprise. This is a fun twist on the gender reveal party … where the guests know the gender before you do! Give the unopened envelope from your ultrasound appointment to the shower planner, who will ask guests to buy gender-specific gifts (and keep the secret until the shower). When the first gift is opened, you will know if you’re having a boy or girl!
Girl or boy? Friends and relatives are sure to enjoy these fun ways to hear the news. And, if you choose not to find out the secret, you’ll all be surprised together when the magical day arrives.